View Single Post
Old September 19th 2002, 19:40

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy

So you are hard on the heals of Ritchie in his yellow cab. Two fast cabs racing, that would be a site, specially if you can lift the wheels like he does...
I'd be up for that! Lift the wheels? I cannot hardly break traction on wet grass!

Only 1 year gone, daily driver at the mo', Australia (VW holiday) trip before the prime mover mission happens. Then we're putting on something never seen at the 'Pod 'oldskool T1 against something rare! That paler yellow Karmann was stunning. Germanlook in the UK is much bigger than was evident at Bug Jam this year. 'Could count 'em on one hand, couldn't yer? 'Action was different.

www.porschapart.co.uk in Ramsbottom, Lancs. supplied the lot, '86 944T Ally arms to Brembo's and front 944T stub axles to Brembo's, all mint, £650. Very competitive.

Alex, thanks- I thought it might be junk!- Where could I find more info? Now I have atleast 3 different transy's to choose between!

My original trans' has a whining input shaft, 'sounds quietly awful in neutral and seems louder in second than any other gear. I think the diff. is untrue also, I am expecting a rebuild to be costly due to obscurity. It's brimming with EP90. It softley screams in reverse. 'More than just the normal straight-cut whine.

The forth contender has to be a more modern 996 Tiptro'6/7 - but lets not fly before we can run.

Is it true that some later 911's have a 'hot oil' trans? surely this would have the same advantages in a Bug?