View Single Post
Old September 24th 2005, 13:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panelfantastic
I'm curious about this too. Are you gonna be able to ditch the cross bracing and narrow it to fit? It looks like you have plenty of mounting points, you would just have to figure out how to get the rigidity back in there from ditching the crossmembers... and how to mount the swaybar.

Jeff-
As far as narrowing the 993 assembly, I'm not planning on it. I don't care how wide it is as long as it can corner well. I don't want to deal with the headache of having to modify a sway bar, trying to get the rigidity back into something the guys at stuttguart have perfected (Crazy smart germans), and also i'm going to be using the same transmission that sits in the assembly.

If I can succesfully make this work, I believe It'll take care of the over steer problem that Dubs have, and this thing will corner like nothing else with 993 front and rear suspension.

Form follows function, not the other way around. I just want to make things work, i'll worry about asthetics later. But with a short wheelbase, wider than fat albert's badonkadonk track, 500 hp, 6 speed G50, and 6 pots, there is'nt going to be much to not like in my eyes. Maybe the cal-look haters will scorn me for putting a watercooled engine in, but the only evidence of that will be in my rear-view mirror .

It's funny to me that Cal-look guys get pissy if you put a water-cooled motor in your air-cooled dub. But the majority of the drag guys are chopin' the whole front end to make way for a 1 piece, chopin' the rear end to fit the motor and deck lid and wing on, and we mind our own buisiness and by the way germanlook cars can turn!

Wish me luck

I love cal-look cars, that's what this car was first, but don't be hatin'.

Thanks a lot guys. I won't be getting the rear suspension for another couple weeks cause I just bought my motor.

98' Audi A4
93' T-Bird (oh yeah!)
90' 911 C2
74' beetle