View Single Post
Old March 2nd 2006, 01:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
Russel, How's it coming?

I'm not sure if this has be brought up yet. (I havn't seen it at least.) but with all the work you're wanting to do to that vw Chassis to make it work with the 993 rear and possibly front set up, Wouldn't it be more time and cost effective, Time especialy, to just build your own chassis?

Just a thought.

The only reason why i haven't gone with a tube chassis is cause intimidated at the possibility of everything not lining up correctly. Sounds stupid, but as you can see by the pics i think the rear will line up with the frame horns perfectly. But you're right, a tube chassis is the logical choice. I just can't dump everything i've done to the chassis. Top secret: i AM dumping the rear 6 pots (to 4 pot 322 mm) and i'm trying to figure out a way to keep the fronts after spending a fortune on the custom job since i'm looking for a different front end and porsche spindles are radial mount.
It looks like a 964 front end may be the winner due to power steering (255's up front), macpherson struts, and the high speed stability.

Russ

98' Audi A4
93' T-Bird (oh yeah!)
90' 911 C2
74' beetle