Thread: GL Corvair!?
View Single Post
Old August 1st 2005, 21:18

GL Corvair!?

Here's a few pics of my long term project. 6 years deep so far. I'm getting there. So, what d'you guys think? Does it qualify as a GL?

Specs:
1969 Corvair Monza
2.7L Flat 6 aircooled motor (GM, not P-car). Mounted in the only right place, the back (GM's handiwork, not mine). I'm working on a custom carb setup (Rochester carbs suck). Maybe use some small ICT's, or K-dogs.

15x7 Cookies (for now, till I can loosen up the purse strings for the 18" Cayenne rims). Mounted with custom made wheel adaptors.
Drum brakes (for now, till I get the time for 944T). I'm planning custom 944/corvair spindles with alot of drop (upto 5" at the spindle depending on rim). I've done a custom set of 944/early bus spindles for a buddy that worked out to 7" of drop at the spindle.
Lowered via short coils, but I have a full air-ride setup already fabricated. The air ride was intalled previously, but due to the fact that this beast has to suffer the Canadian winters outside, I removed the bags. She's setup to lay front crossmember and in the rear the engine is about 2" off the asphalt.

That's about it, hopefully get her done one of these years.
When she does get done, she's up for sale. Need to fund the next project. Something to piss off the purists.