View Single Post
Old July 3rd 2012, 21:19

Paint

Alright, I've been making some big moves in the past couple months. Graduated from engineering school, got a sweet job as a process engineer at a medical device company, moved up north into a new house, and...

I worked on my bug.

Took the body to get media blasted, came out nice. I put a cap on how much I wanted to spend, so certain areas weren't stripped. In hindsight it would have saved me a lot of time from cleaning had I just blasted the whole damn thing. I think when you begin a project, you are more cost focused and as you get tired of scraping, brushing, scrubbing, and cleaning you begin to spend more to spend less time.

I'll cut to the chase.

As I mentioned before, I moved up to Northern Arizona and the body shop that I did all my work in is in Phoenix so the body shop owner sent me pictures from his phone so the quality isn't that great. I'll post better pictures when I go down to get it. Essentially, I sprayed all the primer, did all the blocking, hammering, welding, and body work. I ended up letting the owner of the shop spray base and clear for me. I spent so much time blocking that I didn't want to mess it up in the last step.

Wanting to transport this about 150 miles north. Contemplating Uhaul or paying someone to freight it or throw it on a trailer. Any ideas?