View Single Post
Old September 8th 2018, 02:35

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham View Post
Hi guys hope everyones keeping well.

Long overdue update.

As previous pics show the car spent a lot of time at DC Customs having the engine/gearbox installed pipework etc. There seemed to be one problem after another and progress was slow, partly my fault and partly because it seemed Darren had lost interest in it. To be fair to him he has done some amazing work on the car but due to parts not arriving or having the right parts I think he was getting pissed off with it and just wanted it out of his workshop. I cant say I blame him. One problem he encountered was with the crappy Avo rear coilover's supplied by LA Performance. When the car was first placed on the floor off the hoist there was a load bang and it was one of the coilovers self destructing.( I have previously given Wally on here the heads up on the build quality of these shocks so if anyone is using them keep a close eye on them and if I where you I would bin them ) It had stripped the main thread completely.They where not designed for that kind of load so no surprise but I wasn't expecting them to let go so easily. I was planning on replacing them anyway and I have had another more robust pair fabricated but boy they where not cheap. So the car has progressed in many areas but I have moved abroad and all work has stopped AGAIN. I do wonder why I ever started it at times but I am getting ready to get back at it soon.
My Avo’s broke. Essentially the bent around the A arm and cracked the main body. For my GAZ shocks I’ve relocated the lower mounting point further out. Should of copied Ricola 🤣