View Single Post
Old January 26th 2023, 18:15

Hi Dave,

All of your builds has been very interesting to follow and I like(d) every bit & mods on your cars! I don’t know if it helps you but I’m from central Europe and my friend knows Emmi Kerscher personally who runs the business nowadays, therefore I am happy to offer my assistance in ordering and delivering parts to you from Kerscher / CSP or other European sources.

Concerning the brakes I can’t agree more with you on suitable stopping power and unsprung weight for our cars, porsche brakes (at least under 200hp) are overkill in every respect in my opinion. For this exact reason I proposed already on instagram using Kerscher/CSP rotors and Tarox calipers in front: they are lightweight, compact, fit even under 15” rim and work very well with stock or Kerscher master cylinder. This would sort your pedal dilemma as well I guess. I used this setup on my 1302 with 944 NA rear brakes and that was just perfect, now I’m running the Taroxs on my squareback with Kerscher solid rear setup, they are still ok but the 944 was better (also the bug was lighter than the sqareback). Since you are using the car on open roads you are in need changing pads just in every 3-5 years and rotors in 5-8 years or so…if you buy 2 sets you are ok for the next 10 years. A bunch of brakepads can be selected for the Tarox calipers like EBC yellowstuff if you need more agressive streetable brakes. Last but not least the whole setup would fit under stock fenders that would save a lot of hassle as I understand. I hope you don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to be pushy at all just sharing my experiences

The wheels are looking great btw, I remember you were about mounting the gold ones on the red GL as well.

Zoltan

Last edited by Bogara_ZO; January 26th 2023 at 19:01.