View Single Post
Old March 23rd 2010, 09:59
Administrator

Thanks for all of the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $aint View Post
Anyway, what exactly is "acid etched with phosphoric acid"?

Was the floor pan itself not sufficient to mount the pedalbox to?
Phosphoric acid roughens up the smooth metal and gives the por15 something to "bite" to. If I remember correctly, the pans I'm using are about 22 gauge thick, so not thick enough to support the loads of my foot pressing hard on the brake

They are supposed to be mounted on a structural part of the chassis according to the manual, so I sandwiched the floor pan between 2 sheets of 1/8" thich steel plate to spread the load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble View Post

How much was the twin plug conversion on the heads? I've been considering a twin plug setup for a while and it's more tempting now that there are better ignition solutions.
I won't quote the amount of the conversion because of the special requirements I had, but you can contact Jake / Len for a ballpark figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
I think you did the only viable way to install these: with the cylinders on the other side. Very well/nicely done!! This will be my example for when I am done with the stock cluster...thanks!

How much further apart (distance sideways from clutch to brake pedal) are the Tilton's compared to the original pedals?
You can thank Dave / Herbie53X for the excellent solution to mounting the Tiltons ... I can't take credit for that. I don't have the pedal measurements handy, but the installation manual with dimensions is on the Tilton website.

Effvee, contact Jake at www.aircooledtechnology.com for the twin plug heads.

Sandeep