View Single Post
Old January 16th 2007, 22:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Nice Ghia, do you have any more pictures? I'm going with the Cup 2's on my Ghia too.

My only suggestion would be the spacers. But, once you add spacers the offset changes and the rear wheels might not fit. I have a set of rear drums to mock up my wheels with, the wheels fit good, but I couldn't use the center cap either. I'm going with Porsche rear brakes, although I can use the center cap, they move the wheel out about an inch. So I had to either widden my fenders or narrow my suspension. I widened the fenders.

You could try to take some off the snout of the drum, but you run into the problem the axle nut will bottom out on the threads before it gets tight.

All in all, that's just my 1 experiance. There could have been other options, I'm sure those aren't the only two (narrow or widden)

My 2 cent. I'd love to know how it works out.
I have more pictures of the car itself, but no more of the car with the wheels since its still at the shop.
http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m...hluwalia/Ghia/

Yeah the rear wheels don't have a lot of room to move out on. My car is already painted so widening the fenders isn't a real option, but how did you do it?

I'm using a full brake kit from cb performance.

I was told that part of the axel lug on the rear could be cut short to make more room, I dunno how much though.

I dunno if I should bring the car back and play with it or let the shop that replaced my suspension/brakes figure it out. I'll have to call them tomorrow and see if they are willing to do anything.