View Single Post
Old April 10th 2011, 05:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by effvee View Post
Ah, Hi Walter, at what point will you be happy? Now don't get mad Walter, I'm in your corner. Is this engine a test bed/mule engine that can or ment to be sacrificed? I'd really like to see you just loving what you have done, thus the name Mythbuster. Enjoy your ride, nice work.
No worries Francelle, I hear you and your not the first one saying this
There is no fixed limit to where I will be 'happy' as I really wouldn't know where the limit is at the moment. I also do not intentionally want to sacrifice the engine either mind you. If you were experiencing the things/data I do, you would also feel much more easy with the power levels surely. Its a step by step exploration of the possibilities so you will.

Case in point: At this moment we got 355 hp at just 1.0 bar boost and 418 with lambda approaching 1.0 (!), so lets round that off to 420 if fuel would have kept going. That's a 65 hp gain in just 0.3 bar. Therefore I see crazy power if I could have the fuel system handle 1.6 bar... There doesn't seem to be any restriction to go there as the engine has run at 1.6 bar (and over) before.
All this with just 0.500" valvelift and moderate duration on a 2.2 engine with stock head castings, stock crank, rods and type 4 case.
When your this far involved as I am, you just constantly 'see' new areas that can be improved upon. To get there, you just not copy what you read on other vw aircooled related fora
Tuning this far also brings out and enhences you own weaknesses and my weakness for now seems to be the wiring...

Last edited by Wally; April 10th 2011 at 05:56.