View Single Post
Old April 11th 2011, 03:27

Not too much credits to me pls Mark, give them to the type 4 engine instead
The 044 pump alone can pull 15A and the low pressure Carter feed pump probably between 5 and 10A as well. I just had time yesterday to change the wiring to much bigger (3x) and put and extra relais in the trunk next to the battery, feed straight from battery plus its own fuse. Short test drive revealed the same low fuel pressure (from 3,5 bar to 2,5 bar FP) on boost instead of rising with boost... not good still.
Tested FPR again and with air pressure from the air compressor, fuel pressure rose nicely while engine was idling. So the FPR-rising-rate works, it just doesn' t kick in for some reason.
My remaining thought is that the boost reference line for the FPR is not giving it boost. I have that boost reference line Tee'd from a line where it also feeds the boost control relais. Since that one is now circulating with the top and bottom port of the external gate, maybe the boost reference line looses pressure when waste-gate kicks in(?).
At least thats my latest thought, so I have changed the T to another location and hope to test it somewhere this week...