View Single Post
Old August 16th 2019, 20:11

The picture from Mike's Boxer Service (MBS from here on out) is exactly what I was referring to. I agree it would be a bit sketchy if the ball join body were loose between the sides on the control arm(I want to say I've looked at the RX7 ball joint idea in the past, and I think it has a narrow rectangular tang), but if you were to trim carefully, it would be easy to have it "captured" between the sides of the control arm. The control arm is substantially thicking than one might think when viewed edge on. I also have an additional idea I will detail as I work on my own set. I am committed to the Passat BJ idea, however, as I've sold off my Kerscher BJs in disgust, quite honestly(if someone could explain why a ball joint should cost $54, I'd like to hear it). There's a guy from Romania on STFs who used Passat BJs after discussing it with Mike himself. His car is a driver and has been working well for some time with those BJs(and actually, MBS has been using this method for years without issue.). I'm hoping I can find some other Golf derived BJ of the same design but with a 15mm pin so I can interchange them as I have some MORE front brake ideas I want to explore.

Yes, I used those Whiteline camber bolts. I have a typical "crash bolt" in the bottom. Between all the different adjustments available, I no longer have a camber issue. Not sure about caster. I, too, have the caster fix bushings for the sway bar. The car is not on the road yet, however, so I don't if I have any kind caster problem.