View Single Post
Old March 12th 2007, 14:48

Hi again.
I'd say to use the engine with the least wear for the Hi-po, and the other one should be the mild one. If you're staying 1600, and are ona budget, you can add the w110, stock rockers, and dual kads should be fine. If your pistons, crank and rods are in better then perfect condition, and you don't plan on racing, they should be fairly ok, since you should want to spend your cash on the larger engine. Merged headers are a must, and for a 1600 i'd stay away from 044, and go 043, DRD or steve tims, because of their higher port velocity on a small displacement engine. Lightening the stock flywheel should work too. Oh, and stay away from lube-a-lobes, i've read too many bad things from them
All this is under the assumption that:
1. you are gonna build an engine that's more fun than stock, but are not gonna race it
2. you are on a budget
3. in the near future, you'll be getting a better engine (and would rather spend your cash on it)

As for your second engine, well it all comes to budget and usage.

Cheers
Transmission: Planning Stage
Suspension: Front: 3/4 swaybar w/UrethaneBushings, Dropped Spindles. Rear:CB Camber Compensator. Lowered 2 splines
Brakes: Front Brakes: 280mm solid rotors, two pot calipers. Rear: 280mm solid rotors, 1 pot calipers w/ebrake