View Single Post
Old September 8th 2009, 19:37

i never expected to see the stretched to death tyre style on a beetle, could be interesting, do you have stock width guards & suspension? they wont fit if thats the case, i have 17x8s under 2" widened guards (aerolook-its an aussie thing) +7 offset, & they should JUST fit, havent had the car together enough to confirm but yeah that offset has to be perfect for them to fit & still retain standard steering lock, or close to it anyway, that said, by my calculations & some reversing of bolts in the irs arm/spring plate you should be able to fit a 10" wide under the back of mine also, so id say a 9 is pushing the limits for standard width, that said since you have gone with the stretched tyre look.... perhaps they will fit nicely, if you like this... http://hellaflush.com/ that is. oh, want to know how a 195 goes on a 9"? check out youtube for a video called: "195/40 on a 9" rim"

apologies if i got carried away there, have a few mates into stretched tyres drifting etc