View Single Post
Old December 1st 2013, 16:00

The front suspension has been changed. It no longer uses the stock pick up points and there is no front sway bar. I am using an adjustable a-arm style suspension now. The pick up points were changed to decrease the length of the front control arms to help with bump steer because the zf bmw e30 steering rack I am using. Now the control arms and tie-rods are the same length and follow the same arc. I also moved the inward mount forward to increase caster. I am running heavier springs in the front as a result and 550lb/in springs and Bilstein dampers are what are currently in the struts. Because of my little mishap on the racecourse I chose to completely redesign the front end and make it a little more robust. The design of the a-arms are similar to what I had with the 1303 control arms just shorter and without a sway bar attachment. I made a tension rod the extends forward giving the control arm stability and it is attached with a heim joint at the front of the car. This tension rod is adjustable so you can adjust for caster even further. The roll centre correctors are still used and you can see the control arms are level and not at an upward angle like most slammed cars. I can say that I really like the way it rides. Very responsive and smooth for a car that is a few inches off the ground. Sorry H20SB the old control arms were used in the making of the new ones...