View Single Post
Old December 2nd 2008, 17:37

wally,
Why if its running, make the change to the other MC?

I am setting up a 4pot porsche caliper (944T) front/rear (bigger front pistons) and have the 944T MC but not installed (its a bare pan at the moment). I have followed all these posts and their multi-directional advice and am still a smidge confused.

Is there anyone running a finished car that uses 69' -ish IRS chassis with a full front/rear 944T brake conversion that is up and running smoothly for a little while that can comment on how it works??

If so, did you replace all the hard brake lines?
Also, did you use the original VW hard lines or did you convert the hard lines from the MC to the Calipers to use 944 stuff?

Is there anyone actually running an MC that is setup with a balance bar / proportioning valve? If so what parts and are there images of this configuration.

As useful as our forum is there is data allllll over the damn place... and all of it is in total bits and pieces with loads of speculation and opinion instead of historic and documented fact... is there one single post for a few things such as "944 Brake Conversions - all you need to know from calipers to MC's" or "944 Suspension conversions - all you need to know from alu arms to steelies to skinny or fat stances (not so important as the brakes)"... this type of 'organized' information would be awesome to reference...

and as much as asking a question around here gets the standard response "Its in the forum look it up"... well, thats all well and good but the community is to support its fellows by organizing and quantifying that data into useful and organized chunks, hopefully validated with user experience and images to support the learning curve...

Is there anything I can personally do to support this effort?

Edited: (this is designed to be more motivational and supportive, far more than its supposed to be a rant / bitch session...)