View Single Post
Old March 15th 2019, 16:32

G'day Wally,

Yeah, I knew about the Carrera rotors. I bounce ideas off Lanner's brain constantly, so he always reigns me back in when I get some idea I'm SURE will work, like 924 spindles...which don't. I even sent up a set to him to play with, but he couldn't make them work. I think he's come up with the most likely way to get the C2 2-pots to work for the least effort and money. 944 spindles with ear removed, 944 hubs, 3.2 Carrera rotors, C2 2-pots (obviously), and an adapter similar to what's used on a US spec 1303 to adapt Ghia brakes, bolted to the backing plate holes. The holes for the backing plates need to be opened up a bit and retapped (M10, I should think), but with slight mods, the backing plates should still be usable as well.

All that said, I was just telling Lanner yesterday I need to cut the crap and quite playing with this. I need to devote my time to getting my T4 built so I can get the car on the road. I'm certain I'll be quite happy with my 914/944 hybrid brakes. The Ghia brakes on my other 1303 stop the car on a dime...but then, that's not an autocross car like the one getting the T4(i.e. stock 1600 T1).

H2OSB

P.S. For the record, most of my brake questions on here are aimed at you, due to the high standard to which you've prepared your car. Others as well, for sure, like SteveC, but he's gone over to the dark side with some Japanese engine...Toyota or something (JK JK, I thought about using a Subi mill for a long time). Both you, Wally, and Steve were the first to tell me, independently about the nice balance of T3/914 front, na 944 rear brake set up which put me on the path for the set up I currently have.

Last edited by H2OSB; March 15th 2019 at 16:42.