View Single Post
Old October 6th 2006, 01:31

I am assuming you bent the front fender with the wheels cut, not because the tires already hang out past the fender when straight. How difficult is it for you to experiment with the height of the adjust-a-struts?

At that point, you should be able to determine the difference between your existing wheels and your replacement wheels. You could measure how much further the new wheels stick outward (extra width plus or minus the difference on offset even if unknown). At that point, a theoretical sized tire will possibly make the difference.

In my case, the standard tire that came with the Wolfsburg Edition BBS wheels were 205/55x16. By placing 195/50x16 tires on the front, I was able to gain another 6/10" clearance between tire and the lip of the fender. That was enough. I only have fender fouling in extreme cornering (meaning 20 MPH is the absolute max) or if the road offers some unsavory dip or bump with the process. Even so, it is brief and inconsequential.

It is possible you are headed in a similar direction. With 15" wheels, you may have even more leeway than I had.

My guess is the adjusting of the adjust-a-struts will prove to be time consuming.