Thread: 901 trans. code
View Single Post
Old November 25th 2005, 05:07

Hi 1303C2/3,

itīs the best to work with the 914 flywheel as it fits best to the clutch lever ratio and the clutch bearing. But you can also use a type4 bus-flywheel. Then you must adjust the lever, so that you have the correct ratio for the clutch release. You can use a 914 starter, a Beetle automatic starter (if strong enough for your engine), a Bus T3 automatic starter, or starters like the one from Gene Berg. I do also offer a very strong starter (1.4 Kw). It costs 250 Euro. It has very much torque, as it is with a gear-set inside.
You can not modify the pull type clutch lever to a push type one. Try to get one from a 901 gearbox with push-type. You can use the original clutch bearing of a Porsche 914 and by the way itīs the best solution, although itīs not cheap (but still cheaper than a pulled type from a Porsche 911).

Hi Eviloval,

donīt worry it will also work when the body is not raised from the floorpan. Itīs a little more work and itīs not that easy as you see it in the report, but most of my customers are in that situation and it does work.
Will have a check on my bank today. Hope to get out the goods early next week.

Cheers Martin