View Single Post
Old August 30th 2002, 01:12

Nicely put, Andy.

I think that germanlook is simply a non-traditional approach to aircooled VW performance. We're modernizing our cars to perform in all aspects of driving. It's not just the going fast, it's the stopping fast and the cornering fast. Callook cars can't really touch us when it comes to spanking that curvy stretch of mountain road.

And I strongly agree that the GL is best suited for late model VWs. Late models have the best performing suspensions, lend themselves better to the modern styling of the equipment we use on our cars, and they also have the best visability through the larger windows.

I would think it would suck to look up at my mirror and see mostly headliner and a little oval of road behind me. I'm not trying to bash early model GLs because they can pull it off like no one's business. Anyone else see that turbo-ed oval GL at the last sac. bug o rama?

check it out here

Anyway this is all opinion. I just think it's about performance, not the size of the rims and the name on the brakes. The only thing I would say you would HAVE to have to have a GL would be low profile tires.

All this from a guy who's planning a type 4 engine, single pot 944 brakes and big porsche alloys. Sounds traditional GL- except that I have a full interior, a nice stereo, and all of my trim intact.