View Single Post
Old December 13th 2005, 00:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep
Well, I've completed Bruce2's method of alignment to get +ve camber and I am happy to report that it works !

I've only completed the mod on the passengers side rear and went from -2.93 deg to -1.38 deg measured using a bubble level and some trig. I filed the two rear bolt holes from slots into what looks like a "D" rotated 90 deg CCW. I could get more +ve camber if I wanted but my arms got tired from all the filing work !

So thanks again Bruce2 for the suggestion and direction as you've probably saved me atleast $1000 in rear tires. :bowdown: :haveadrin

Sandeep
Sandeep - I have SAW adjustable spring plates to install and want to correct for excessive negative camber as you did.

My trailing arm has 4 holes (1 threaded in front, 3 through in rear) -- its a 70 standard with the double plate spring plates. The SAW spring plates have only the rear 3 slots. Do I need to drill a hole in the SAW spring plate for the front (threaded) mount in the trailing arm? Or, just use the three rear mounts?

When enlarging the spring plate slots, how much material did you remove along the top of the slot? 0.05", 0.10" ?

Only enlarge the rear TWO slots so the trailing arm can pivot up about the unmodified front bolt #3 (not bolt#4, the threaded one in the trailing arm, '69-70 only)?

Thanks for the help,
Bill