View Single Post
Old November 18th 2008, 17:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat View Post
Wally, they are the same bearings as BJ/SB. I'd like to come up with something if you're up for it? Probably could do a 996 bolt on kit....

Lanner
Yes the wheel bearings are the same, but they are wider apart on a 412 than on a bug (any year).... I have the adapter parts to press in, but I am not sure the bearing houses would have enough material left in the 944 hub to reside in...

Lanner, if you could make me something, I would definately be up for it, spindle/hub wise or caster adjustment
You know the top strut bearings are the same in my 412 as in my late 1303 beetle and I need the extra caster on both. So an adjustable caster top bearing plate is still on top of my list. Caster I have now is between 1 and 2 degrees and needs to to 6-8 or so for optimum straight line high speed stability. I already have the Topline caster+ sway-bar bushings, but its not enough. Mayby because of my M030 front spindles but I dunno.

Untill I have some top strut caster-adjustment parts, I don't dare go any faster than 120 mph or so....
The lowered 412 has the same problem. So two sets of these could make this all a happy world

Well, you can't blame a guy for trying right? (I know you have other engagements )

Thanks,
Walter