View Single Post
Old May 21st 2003, 11:03

Re: Re: Re: 1500 fnt discs & 944 rear discs

Hello-

Hey,
Im not sure how you worked out those ratios but i would like to know, so as i can have a play and find the best master cylinder for the job,

Hydraulic leverage ratios are simply the ratio of the slave to master cylinder area, which is the ratio of the diameters squared. So, for a T1 front disc w/ T1 master cylinder, that's (40/19.06)^2 = 4.404:1. For a 944 NA rear disc w/ T1 master cylinder, that's (36/19.06)^2 = 3.567:1. For the F/R ratio, just divide those two numbers.

Note that technically-speaking, brake bias is determined by braking _power_, not force (as the above relates to). The difference is the multiplication by the geometric average rotor radius and the wheel speed. But, since these figures are more-or-less the same for front and rear on the cases you described, we can neglect these terms.

i dunno if i could use one of the following mastercylinders Porsches 924S/944 - 23/19mm front/rear, it could even be installed backwards if it had to be.

As-intended (with 23.86mm side on front and 19.06mm side on rear), the 944 MC makes the rear favored more. You definately need the opposite.

Take care,