View Single Post
Old October 29th 2009, 04:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Turbobug View Post
Even without further tuning that is quite an improvement! My guess is that your intake temps are also lower due to the better effeiciency of this turbo.
Intake air temp is also in the graph: ' AIR' Its in Celcius and outside temp was about 12 degrees Celcius. IAT started at 14 Celcius and climbed to 18 Celcius during that WOT run. But I have a slow Bosch sensor and its probably not showing the fast increase accurately.
The info is all there in the log though

EDIT: does everybody 'get' the log? (in what you see?). The log adds data and therefore puts new info at the left in front of what was already there, so you need to watch it in such that the car runs from the right hand side to the left. Boost and INJ% (= IDC) rise when I floor it and throttle gets over 90% (100%=WOT). The x-axis is in seconds (time), so the log part you see here is from about 7 minutes ago after I shut it down back home. /EDIT

Do you also see the IDC (injector duty cycle) climb to over 80% at the end of the run at about 6000 rpm? I am a little (too) rich maybe so a little gain in IDC room can probably be made, but I am running out of injector pretty soon (again...)
Quote:
How much boost do you intend to run?
I hope to get to 1,35 bar, which is about 20 psi.
But how much boost you can run is not always that decisive on making power: Case in point: I needed to take out a lot of timing with the smaller turbine of the IHI turbo (which choked on my engine I can now probably safely conclude).
Depending how much timing I can bring back (which is dancing with the devil as well), will determine more how much more power I will be able make. I f you can run a fair amount of boost AND you don't have to retard timing a lot, then that says something about the efficiency of the combo. At least, that is my experience so far
I think I am going to make an apppointment with the dyno already :-))

Last edited by Wally; October 29th 2009 at 04:13.