View Single Post
Old September 15th 2009, 20:28

Well the job hunt has been going only a couple nibbles but I did have an interview yesterday. No word back yet but i should hear something by tomorrow.

The car hasn't gone untouched either. With all this extra time, I spent the first couple of days pulling the motor and changing out the leaky oil cooler seals (I knew better than to re-use them). I also took care of a couple leaky push rod tube seals (gotta love the JayCee tubes for making this job easy), and did a post rebuild valve adjustment.

I went on a little test drive into town and back (12 miles or so, windy road and hills) but things weren't quite right. It was stronger than before but still only running on 3 cylinders, but about a mile from home the 4th cylinder started working and wow. I pulled 15-65mph up a 7% in 4sec or so and it blew me away. That's the kind of power I'm looking for and I only hit 10psi! Now the bad news, I still have an oil leak under boost but I can't tell where it's coming from. However the oil is all over the collector under the crank pulley and the oil burning off the collector smokes really bad. It could start a fire if I'm not careful.