View Single Post
Old June 29th 2004, 00:34

Location: Calgary , AB , Canada - Home of the Western Conference Champion Calgary Flames!!!
Okay , I can buy that explanation . Obviously things are going to have to be changed in order to achieve a higher HP output from any engine . I am just going by the numbers that the General is giving us . I am currently a GM Goodwrench Tech , and I get the opportunity to work on alot of the Ecotecs . They are a good engine from all that I have seen . The only piece of advise that I can give you is - if you change your own oil , DO NOT USE WATERPUMP PLIERS ON THE OIL FILTER CAP!!!!! I had a rental car come in from Enterprise rent a car that had just been serviced by an independant shop , and they cracked the oil cap by using waterpump pliers , and the engine eventually ran dry from all the oil leaking out of the cap . The engine was fried , and cost the shop who did the work alot of money to replace the engine in this car . It ended up being something like $15 thousand with labour and taxes when all was done . I ended up having to buy a socket just for the filter , so I wouldn't do the same thing . Axl .