View Single Post
Old May 30th 2013, 19:12

Still more updates, Joy has been busy!

Now it was finally time to toss the new coilovers on and get the ride height set initially. Which I forgot to take any pics of :P I then started on the back of the car again to swap out all the bushings.

I remembered it being easy doing the last set of rear bushings and now I know why. When you do the first side it's a pain in the ass, it takes forever, and nothing wants to go your way. Then you do the other side, it goes fast because now you know all the tricks to popping the bushings in/out, the order in which parts need to go off/on, and you spend less time wrestling with stuff. That's the part you always remember.

I just wish I had remembered to grab the camera while I was doing the rear bushings. The rear got new urethane pivot and spring plate bushings, as well as new kyb shocks. I also swapped out the torsion bars for 944 23.5mm bars and set the unloaded angle at 14 degrees. That seemed like a good ride height, but I'll have to do some driving to see if that's okay.

So here she is now with the new setup, this was taken before the rear settled so it's a little high. I grabbed some pics of the wheel clearance to show how tight it is.

There's a fair amount of poke and I ordered new 2" wider fenders all around. After these photos were taken I tried pulling the fenders and rolling the lips but its still not even close.

Finally, I swapped steering wheels a while ago but never updated with pics, so here's the new nardi wheel wrapped in suede.