Thread: Oval Bugster
View Single Post
Old January 13th 2013, 01:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfbeetle View Post
This looks incredible. I have comment regarding the dmv in California. There is a rule that refers to what the car most resembles. The car would be registerred based on the year that the vehicle looks like rather than what it was. In my case, I have a 68 VW pan with a 67 VW body so it's registerred as a 67. I had it inspected by the highway patrol and then properly registerred with the dmv. So i would think that you could be able to do the same, just ask the CHP to see how they would do the paperwork and make sure you have all of your receipts.
It's already registered as a '57, but if it wasn't they use the numbers. The most difficult number to change on ACVWs is the the chassis # under the rear seat, so I'm surprised they used the '67 for you, they registered my '60/'68 as a '68. There aren't any VW numbers left on the '57 body so they most definitely would have used the Boxster numbers. They are gone now and once I re-rivet the '57 tag on the Boxster chassis we should be all good.

Thanx for the kudos Marnix, just have to keep going! The chassis guy is finishing up another project, so no real progress on it.

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S