View Single Post
Old February 27th 2008, 19:23

Hi

You can find it of you search for 944 in suspension, but you will need to to trawl through many pages to find the information.

I welded the forward bolt head to the spring plate and ground it down a bit and then clearanced the chassis for the bolt heads, the rear bolt head I ground down a bit as well.

The rearward bolt is the adjuster, it can be hard to turn to adjust the height, I jack the car up, loosen the front spring plate bolt and on the rear nut I fit another nut on the outside and lock it to the existing nut so I can turn it to raise the height.

I've fitted 3 sets of these now, 2 of them I cut the Porsche torsion bar rubbers off completely and used VW urethane "rubbers" on the inner and outer.

The other car I used the 944 outer spring plate retainer but cut it down to fit, I used the stock 944 rubbers on the outside and again VW urethane "rubbers" on the inner.

You don't need spacers.

The height adjustment is very useful, I put one of my cars together and it was too high, a small adjustment on the spring plate got it down to where I liked it.

Steve

Last edited by Steve C; February 27th 2008 at 19:25.