View Single Post
Old February 8th 2013, 15:34

I had an interesting technical conversation at thesamba about Truetrack rear suspension. But i am not an expert, just curious how different suspensions work and how they are built. My painter/bodyman is rally and trackdriver, and he has sometimes good advice about suspension. I know those 944 arm upgrades, finnish 9products sells also them. I know, there is not anymore much to do for rear suspension, i have almost every part for upgrading it. s

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/vie...=asc&start=900

As you know, i did made the uniball kit for Volksmeister's bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrydes
For all of you Right Hand Drive guys. Yes Mendeola's can go both ways :wink:

I debated putting the rear shot of this car up for one main reason. The rear arms and pivots. The down side of using this type of set up in the rear, is if one of the rear arms has started to twist, the camber left to right will not be correct. With these pivots there is no way to properly adjust the rear suspension to make it equal. This is very important when tuning the suspension and being able to truly corner balance the rear of the car. It is a cool looking pcs, and the pivot point has been moved up, but is very limited in what it can do. Not to mention the size of the parts they take a lot of space from the back side of the wheel, thus limiting the size of rear tire that can go under the stock rear fenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrydes
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alex77-
Yeah, all Uniball kits what are available, take space at backside of the wheel.

We added connecting rod with L and R hand threads, so there is now easy little adjustment for toe in. Just like remmele.

But its true that Camber isnt as "solid" as on Mendeola rear suspension, because theirs arm is 100% solid, and stock irs arm on bug/924/944/968 is little bit flexible because of the springplate.
As you can see ours do offer a lot more room for larger tires and they are a lot easier to adjust both camber and toe.

Please understand I like it when people try to promote other companies stuff in this thread, as it allows us to do a side by side comparison without going out of our way to post pictures of their stuff and show the differences. Thanks for posting, and please understand that we looked at all the parts on the market before making our own because we were concerned about the quality of a few of the other parts out there and the over all performance gains by them.

Last edited by -Alex-; February 8th 2013 at 15:55.