View Single Post
Old August 19th 2005, 22:40

I , like you , were not always into VeeDubs . My passion used to (and to a point , still is ) American Muscle Cars , with the '66 Stang being my favourite . I didn't even look twice at VW'sw until I started working with a couple of VW fanatics about 15 years ago . They introduced me to cal look bugs , and I was hooked . I have had three lookers now , and a GTI . I currently do not own a VW at this time , but I am always on the look out for my next project , especially since an 18 wheeler took my last one from me . For a while now , I have been planningout how I am going to do my next VW , and since coming across GL bugs , I know I have found the style that I have wanted for a long time . Before I became a mechanic and was staring to learn about my first bug (1971 Super) , I was asking around to some shops about the possibility of putting the type 2 bus motor into a bug . I was always told it couldn't be done . Now I know better . I will keep you posted on how the hunt (and persuading my wife) is coming along . Axl .