View Single Post
Old November 17th 2008, 04:13

On to the fuel system...

Finished up the last line which is the high pressure line to the back and zip tied up both feed and return lines. It's hard to read in the small picture but on the original you can see the sizes on the 930 MC which is 20mm for the front and 29mm for the rear. Perfect for the 4-pot turbo 944 brembos which are shared with the 930.

Got the front plumbing finished and the filter in place, I'll probably secure it with a clamp to keep it from rattling too much. I managed to get the tank straps done as well, quick and easy.

Since daylight was running out I didn't a bit of quick wiring. Bolted the ground lines for the fuel injection and ignition to the block. Also relocated the water injection controller to a more easily reachable location once the seat is in place.

It was really nice to make some tangible progress today. After wearing my hands down to useless lumps putting together a dozens hose ends and not seeing much visible progress was hard. Those hose ends are fairly easy to do but they are a huge time-sink when you have a lot to go through.

Of course the best reward came tonight after the sun went down. Me and me roommates went to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra in San Jose. I'm just floored, best damn show I've seen in a very long time.