View Single Post
Old July 16th 2020, 17:26

Couple updates - agree again with the review of the welds - will have them all sandblasted during my powder coating process and will have them engineer-reviewed to ensure quality. I've also spoken with the team at iMohr and they are more than willing to remake parts that I'm not satisfied with to ensure a good experience. I've now gone through mock-up on the chassis and have learned of some differences between the Brazilian and US pans that will require some edits/modifications to both my chassis and the suspension itself. Was anticipated so I'm not "shocked" by the differences. The 2 key differences that require mods are that the front beam standoffs have a steeper angle on the Brazilian cars and so I'll need to adjust an aspect of the front plates for the front suspension (I've provided iMohr and they're updating the design to accommodate US customers based on this feedback and you can see the bit thats cut and tilted between the framehead bolts - I'll just cut the welds and bend them back to flat). And the rear - torsion bar mount they designed for uses a cross brace that's not found on the US cars and so a Bracket will be required to be welded to the rear tornsion bar to support the rear arm mounts.

Here are some shots - ignore the filthy garage, I just wanted to play with my new parts, not do chores.

Front Suspension

Rear Suspension

This is the bottom of the brazilian Pan that shows where the rear suspension is supposed to connect to