Old June 3rd 2004, 23:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen
OK. Here's the scoop on rooms. I am recommending:

Econo Lodge
749 BRUCKEN STRASSE
HELEN, GA
(706) 878-2141

I spoke with the hotel and if you want to call them to book a room, mention the "VKG event" and they have a rate of $79.99/night or 10% off for AAA. You can probably get as good or better rates in some cases via Orbitz, Hotels.com and the likes. So feel free to book there as well.

I have never stayed at this hotel (I do cabins for whole weekends anytime I have been up there) so I can not vouch for it. If I am able to go buy next week when picking up my engine from Jake's, I will and report back. 24hr cancellation policy with them.

Please post what you do here so we know. It will be cool having everyone at one place to hang and extra eyes on the cars (even if everything is a little blurry).
That's a cool deal, I got AAA, but I got on hotels.com and didin't find anything with a good price. $50 or less. I'm real cheap but a $70 room for $35, I like that. More money for parts, or food. whichever I decide is more important... and most of us staying at the same hotel, I like that too. I don't like being the only one that is into the German Look. Also can't wait for your review of the place. I'm real opinionated, sorry.

Mike