View Single Post
Old September 24th 2005, 16:11

You'll love this, not only will I not need big thighs for the brakes, I've also got a hydraulic clutch.
I'll save my strength for a strong right foot on the accelerator pedal. [translation:gas peddle]
Any one would think I was building this for the wife. She has already refered to the car as my misstress so I might have to keep them apart

Thanks for the pointer to vdubcustoms, I had seen their web site but I didn't want to bother someone I wasn't buying from, but I give him a try.

The engine is being dyno's so I'll have to see how the 'feel' is, I used to race in the UK Beetle Cup series so I know what a feel means and what you get from it when near the limit. That and brake fade! Which is one thing I'm not going to get.

I've got some 17x7" CupII's that look the dogs danglies but if I didn't have lowered spindles I would still be able to get a 14" Fuch on the hub. I offered up a set I've got in the garage just to see the look.

Having a chat elsewhere and my view now is that I will probably only need a one way valve. I can always add either a vacuum reservoir or electric pump later.