View Single Post
Old December 7th 2014, 18:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub_crazee View Post
I am also considering a M45 supercharger rather than turbo! I love a winter project
Just I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in regarding the M45 supercharger idea, simply put, its probably not the best route. I have one for my 97 civic and its design is limited to roughly 5psi before it starts to heat the charge air excessively. They can be overspun, but this will eventually shorten the life of the blower assembly. When the rotors get hot they will start to eat into the wall of the case thus establishing new clearances. This sounds all fine and dandy except that now the blower will struggle to make boost under normal conditions. You can help keep the heat under control with the use of methanol injection, but boost numbers are still limited to the size of the rotor assembly. The best part is the immediate torque off idle, but the engine won't pull like modest turbo setup. Now the bad issues regarding the tuning, (I can only speak for the honda scene) part throttle detonation is a real problem even with an aftermarket computer and proper fuel setup. Not saying it will never work, but wanted to share some of the headaches I've seen with the M45. If possible, a centrifugal supercharger would be the way to go and something totally unique.

Last edited by Mr_Zed_ZX20; December 7th 2014 at 18:00. Reason: grammer