View Single Post
Old March 22nd 2006, 15:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgie
what about front splitter and spoiler?
took my new rear wing to work today to get it painted,came off a f3 lola and is a duel element.
will start work on the flat floor and front spoiler/splitter at the weekend.have all next week of work to get ready for new season/volksworld show
cheers rob
i only asked him about what we could do for the aircooled cup cars as we cant run a wing. i didnt ask him about a front splitter device. from what ive overheard its not all bad to have a bit of a bigger gap at the front of the car that tapers down as it goes under as the effect is that the air is squeezed and forced under the car as a faster rate than the air moving over the top of the car, and as faster air has alower pressure it sucks the car down. trying to keep all the air from geting under the front of a car will not create a vacuum but will create turbulent air at a higher pressure than the top of the car and would cause lift (hence the flat pan so you dont get turbulent air gathering under the fuel tank, above the geabox, around the engine and under the wings/running boards. i can find out if he's going to the volksworld show and if your car is there ill get him to cast an eye over it.