View Single Post
Old July 28th 2006, 22:51

Another update. Oh yeah! It's starting to get to be a daily report.

I spent about 4 hours again today. I started on the right front fender. I'm happy to say, even though I cut a chunk out of it. It looks a lot better than the driver's side. I'm going to probably do the same to it. I think I tried to stretch the driver's side too much too fast. It got out of hand. I only took 1 picture. After being a Tim's shop for about 8 hours. I was ready to go home.

I started out like I did the driver's, I cut the seam. I found some rust and some brase. I hate both. Brasing just blows up when you try to weld it. So I had to cut a strip out of the fender. I cut it out and replaced it with new metal. I left it attached at the opening so it wouldn't change on me. It looks messed up. But it worked great. I know the seam will have some filler in it, but it's a lot closer than the driver's side.

Ricola, I snapped a few pictures and took a few measurements today. I hope they answer your question.

The ground to the left side of the exhaust- 5.75"
The ground to the oil filter - 6.125"
The ground to the front part of the exhust- 6.5
The ground to the oil pan - 6.75"
This first picture is from the driver's side, about the torsion cover pointing back.

The second is from the rear. I tried to get the camera level with the bottom of the engine to give an accurate perspective on the height.

I'm really excited about the passenger side fender. I'm also ready to get started on the rear fenders. That will be a while, but I have my motivation back now. I nearly beat myself to death with the hammer and dolly today. That's a lot of work. I'm gonna be back after it tomarrow.

I'm sure I'll have more pictures again.
'64 Ghia - Project!!-Subaru EJ20T, MS/EDIS, 993 brakes, 914 Tranny...