View Single Post
Old January 9th 2013, 22:38

actually i did about 90% of the welding with a 220v snap-on welder with using gas (its the shop welder that we have at the bodyshop that i work at). i ran out of gas so i had to switch to my little 110v century welder using fluxcore. fluxcore is ok to use. if your new at welding sheet metal i would not recommend fluxcore cause it seems to take more heat to get a good weld. thats just my personal experience with it. a old welder trick to save on buying the 75/25 mix welding gas is to use just strait O2 for welding gas. and now thats all i use for my personal stuff. its like half the cost of the mixed welding gas. but its up to you.

if you need any help putting in panels, let me know and ill help any way that i can. btw i love your 5 speed conv. kits you have. one day i would love to have one of your kits in my car. my car with the WBX motor in it now, the stock 3:88 r&p tranny just isnt nearly enough gearing for this new motor. of corse i have a lot smaller dia. tires now than the stock 165's. but im looking at a freeway flyer tranny here soon.

best of luck to ya on your panel repair....no matter what, take your time with tacking in new sheet metal. too much heat and it will warp and you just made a whole lot more body work for your self. just my .02