Thread: wasserboxer?
View Single Post
Old April 12th 2006, 04:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moog
Thanks for the comments Rich (& everyone else!) For the moment i'm working on the idea that i can do a mirror image rad in the other rear arch if necessary. It's only going to be 120-130bhp anyway, so not massive amounts of power. Pace products used a 4-core for the rad and reckon it will work in a marginal air-flow loaction - i take their judgment on that as i'm not a radiator designer (Just an engine designer trained by Ricardo - i think Rich will have heard of them ) Didn't your first Speedster Alfa engine run cool with just two mini radiators tucked up in the back?
Fair enough, if you are only sticking to a low power I think you'll be fine, especially with your scoop. My speedster ran fine with the Alfa engine and twin mini rads and no ducting, so I think you should be OK. Must have been a very expensive rad, when I first saw it I thought you had got a deal on a single seater side mounted one as it looks very familiar!

Rich
PS I live down the road from the Ricardo MTC so feel free to give me a shout if you are up this way!