View Single Post
Old September 21st 2003, 19:50

I am still going to cover my floor as much as possible with 2 venturi channels in the back. I hope to work with Carbon Joe on this so that he can sell the stuff later.
I am also planning to close off the fender as much as possible to reduce air getting trapped there. I hate to cut the fenders and use any kind of spoilers on my split.
Rolf Klaus also told me that there was actually a kit available for the front of a standard to close of the gaps and holes at the front beam. He has an original that he thinks of reproducing.
He also send me a video that I still have to convert to NTSC and then to digital for the site from one of his autobahn cruises with his split.

As for getting extra air into the engine.....Gerd Weiser has a scoop under the pan on his Oval and routes the air into the engine compartment....similar as what Sandeep did for his interior oilcooler.

When I had my bug in Germany with the T1 was not scared to drive at 180km/h. I did it all the time and that was without a fancy suspension. Konis all around and lowered quite a bit without swaybars.
The brakes were the scary part........VW disks on the front and drums at the back.

Alex