View Single Post
Old April 25th 2013, 01:02

My attempt at building GL beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub_crazee View Post
looks like it's really starting to take shape here. Im not normally much of a fan of too much body modification but the bumper has been done well
Thanks,I am not really a fan of body mods but as I was going to fit a kameil spoiler, I just took it one step further.The last thing I wanted was a 80's style Porsche body kit look.I am pleased with how this has turned out.The original plan for the car was big type 4 with a very standard look.However as time went by I decided I wanted to drag it into the future with a modern Subaru engine, heating,wider wings,modern wheels,and comfortable seats.I think I have been lucky finding a bumper that compliments the beetle's shape so well.I know its not for everyone but that's what I like about GL we aint building Cal Look clones.I am hoping its going to follow form follows function,it directs the air where I need it to the rads and around and over the car. I am hoping this will increase downforce/stability at high speed to the normally light front end.