View Single Post
Old November 28th 2003, 23:35

Ive spent alot of time lookin at this guys site and I like how he went about designing his supension. http://www.beardmorebros.co.uk/index.html . Right now im looking for a good front spindle that I can use out of another car. Basically I want one with good brake options, plenty of rim options and can adapt to a double a arm setup. I like his idea of using a ford sierra (merkur xr4ti) steering knuckle and I might just try that too if another better option dosent come up. Right now I want to get rim size figured out and find out what steering rack to use. I heard the 914 rack was a good rack to use so I might just look into that. Im runnin a ford 2.3 engine so I could add power steering quite easily if I really wanted to but Id have to look into that aswell. Right now im collecting the caroll "To Win" series of books that basically goes over on how to build a racecar suspension among other things. I have an extra pan for my ghia so it wont be too big of a hassle to take measurements and whatnot. Do you have some closer spics of your setup? It looks awesome by the way. Oh and hey do you think I could get some measurements like camber change, roll center and caster toe in all that just for refrence? Thanks