View Single Post
Old December 27th 2011, 01:40
Administrator

Thanks for the instructions. Based on the information within it sounds like the only reason to mount the outlet higher then the inlet is to ensure there is no possibility of vapour lock inside the pump...but they also say the pump can be mounted in any orientation. Might try them flat (since the fuel lines will work out so well with them flat)...and modify as required. On the plus side, if one pump heats up and vapour-locks, I just have to flip a switch to change to the other pump!

Haven't done much work on the car in the last couple of days. Something about a big holiday and family dinners and such I did get the front half of the wiring harness back in, and insulated against heat near the gas heater. Kinda like the look of it installed, but this part of the project is taking waaaaaaay too long. I will need to mount a fender to do some measuring before I can finish up the techflex on the front.

...relay and fuse panel are in. I still need to figure out how I'm going to label the fuses so I remember what controls each circuit...and not really sure what I was doing when I put the labels up. Somehow I missed the first and last relay labels! Will have to cut another couple off the vinyl machine tomorrow.

The fuel pump wires will need to be completed after I get a couple of the Rabbit fuel pump relays, and a second pump. For now I'll move onto the dash portion of the harness and slowly work my way back. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

-Dave
'68 Type 1 - Interm German 'look' project
'75 Type 1 - Family Heirloom
'93 Chevy 3500 pickup - Cummins Swap