View Single Post
Old October 26th 2010, 18:37

Well been very busy doing loads of things other then trying to sort this. But progress has been made.

I've read on The Pelican parts forums that rich fisher (think that's his name) did a beautiful hydraulic clutch conversion to a 915 in his Porsche 914. I know he used a cnc pull slave cylinde which is the same as what I'm intending on using.

Anyway.....

I've decided that the type one arm is no man enough for the job. My Kennedy pressure plate requires alot of force to shift and the current set up is not up to the job. I've gone and payed a rediculous amount of £££ for the complete Porsche arm and springs suited to my transaxle.

The next problem I'm contending with is to mount the slave cylinder, one end to the transaxle and the other end to the clutch arm.

The clutch arm end has turned out to be easy. My neighbour made me a clevis pin which turned to to be overkill and was too big as it fowled onto the omega spring. I decided to talk to my local Porsche again to find out how how the cable was originally attached. Due to an error through our conversation over the phone I ordered A part which is the wrong part but has turned out to be perfect for what I'm after, just need to order the rest of the pin.

And for the other end...

A bracket that'll resemble this