View Single Post
Old August 10th 2004, 09:50

Setrab

Jake said that a 72 plate Mesa cooler without a fan would be enough for my application. I tried one, but was not happy with the mounting options. For the best air flow, it would have gone under the sway bar/torsion tube but that was too close to the ground for me. Tucking it above the trailing arm at an angle mounted off the sloped section of the package tray would have worked, but I wasn't sure there would be enough air flow.

Jake said the single Setrab is more than enough for my application. I decided to go for it since oil cooling is such a critical function. I like having the fan, so it'll cool when idling after running hard. It's very well made and really small. The fan cranks. I bought it, the switch (seperate), and the rubber mounts at aircooled.net. I mounted it skewed with the inlet at the lowest point and the outlet at the highest point to ensure complete priming. I used 2 sets of rubber mounts (2 on each corner) because with only 1 mount, it seemed a little wobbly. The brackets are a mild steel, so they flex too.

I don't think the dual fan pack would have fit for me with the RLR traction bar in there. Neither the single or dual would fit over the tranny.

Keep It Kool,
Bill