Thread: 901 trans. code
View Single Post
Old November 17th 2005, 10:27

Evil,

Thanks for the update.. I went thru the article somewhat last night, and some of the same questions popped into my head..

Looks like you don't have to bang the hell out of the frame horns, just minor trim.. and with larger rear mount, you may have to clearance less.. (at least that is the perception that I get). Not sure about fitment and clearance of the body with these hardened mounts..

Got some questions on the clutch tube and stuff but I need to get under the car to analyze.. and look at it with the mag in hand..

I ended up buying a shifter 901 from lanner, just before I say martin's site, I may have to put that on the market, I really like his shifter or a variation of it (901) that are sold here in the states.. as opposed to the stock 901..
The shifter linkage and coupler are issues that I need to better understand.. also..

Lastly the nose cone.. anothe plus to this kit, if you have a 914 tail shift is that it looks like you can just buy this cone and flip the diff.. and your most of the way there..

Take good pictures.. I am very interested.. I have to now debate taking the body off.. I think you mentioned something about that.. R U doing it with the body on, or off..

Keep us posted.. and I will go to kinko's and get this scanned as it will be easier than trying to set up the POS old scanner that I have..
Alex