View Single Post
Old October 24th 2004, 09:50

Thanks mate

Will definatly get some track footage as soo as i can!!
BEAM Vs STRUT
The beam can be setup almost as good as a strut but the strut can be fine tuned much easier and also has more suspention travel, the reason we raise the shock towers is to gain abit more suspention travel when the car is very low. I would not hav a problem with the beam except for the fact that the beam has less steering lock which sumtimes in needed. Im wanting to do a strut chassis for my car in the future, Also the wider front wheel track on the front of the 1303's and 02's makes the car much easier to controlll because the rear wheels are drivin between the front wheel but with the Balljoint, IRS the rear track is much wider on the rear so when the cars steps sideways the back wheels are driving way outside the front wheel which makes it very hard to hang onto a drift or catch a lose, and less steering lock doesnt help. my brother has a 1302 and it handles AWSOME but he has had alot of time to set it up. Today he was with the WRX, Alfa and Holden club and 6 people came up to him to see who was driving the green beetle and were VERY superised in the performance and handleing of the cars, he was up the *** of a 427 cobra but the cobra wouldnt let him passed and blow a late model XR6 turbo ford and pushed a mustang untill he made a mistake and went off onto the grass, dont think he wanted the be passed my a BEETLE. He has around 80HP at the wheels nothing special, but goes to show how far setup can take you!

With the camber we found bending the arms was easiest, by cuttin the top tube u may hav to slightly shorten the springs, but is another way.

There is some new Pictures and new stock on our website, www.beetleracing.com including our GT2 wing for a beetle which the mould has just been done! PLZ check it out and if interested plz e-mail us, details in website.

Thanks for the interest DORIGTT.

Alex Holzl