View Single Post
Old October 20th 2007, 14:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble View Post
I'm really running out of room back there! One of my worries is that the slave cylider is too close to the turbo and it'll boil the brake fluid in the slave. I've already got header wrap and a turbo blanket but i think i might need something t\on the slave cylinder as well.

Good thread.

I know your probably past this point, but I thought I'd mention that Motul has a high temp DOT 4 Brake/Clutch fluid called "Racing Brake Fluid 600". It has a high boiling point of 585º F, 307º C, and mixable with std DOT 3, 4 and DOT 5.1 (not the silicone or mineral based types). You should be able to get it at any motorcycle shop selling brake fluid from the motorcycle parts distributor "Parts Unlimited" - Part # MOT36.

It isnt cheap, I think the last time I bought some for my ZRX1100, it went for about $15-$16 bones for a 500ml bottle. Works great for racing applications though. You've already wrapped your exhaust, and I expect you've already researched the various high-temp fluids out there, but I thought I'd suggest it for you.

Good luck on your recovery.

Last edited by kelwa1; October 20th 2007 at 14:16. Reason: .