View Single Post
Old September 22nd 2014, 01:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
Hi

Aaron the auto guy in Australia has nearly finished his drag notch, Im sure he will have lot more data when its running. We are both running a VW drag event in a few weeks time, he's really trying to have his notch finished for that.

Steve
Good evening, I'm all over the place with this transmission subject. I have the time, presently, I'm trying to envision my third and keeper 1303.

I'm not sure if it will have a EZ 30, or the three liter type IV twin turbo. My car, I want it to be a SoCali freeway flyer. Yes a definite GS, but simply a bad a$$ street car.

This type II automatic I have read is very strong, it can take the abuse. My need is for low rpms,speeds up to 90 mph. Quaife sells a ATB unit for the type II automatic. I did start on trying to adapt it for mechanical modulation. I was trying to learn which parts can be borrowed from other trans applications. I don't want to make money on this, just build myself a strong trans.

I still have issues on how builders are relocating the frame horns. This is one of the reasons I won't get the G-50, I've seen builders having to heavily mod their axle tube. I'll need to revisit Walter's G-50 tread.

If you could share some inside on the type II auto build it would help.